The Clinical Area offers opportunities to engage in clinically-relevant research in psychotherapy process and outcomes, neuropsychology, health psychology and personality.
The Clinical Area prides itself on excellence in research—with over $4 million currently held in external research funding.
The Clinical Area values the development of clinical skills by offering a variety of theoretical and technical approaches to psychological treatment and assessment and training through our in-house Psychology Training Clinic, and external practica and internships. Students who are interested in specialized training in clinical neuropsychology can apply to the Clinical Neuropsychology stream after admitted to the Clinical Area.
All faculty, adjunct faculty, and applied practicum supervisors serving as supervisors in clinical practicum and internship training, are members of the College of Psychologists of Ontario. Prior to completion of this Area's PhD, students are required to demonstrate:
- Competence in research into clinically relevant problems. In addition to course requirements, this Area relies heavily on an apprenticeship system. Each student works closely with his or her supervisor and psychologists practicing in a wide range of internship settings for an interactive enhancement of both the academic and practical aspects of the student's educational experience.
- Competence with a reasonable sample of cognitive, personality, behavioural, neuropsychological and psychometric techniques of assessment.
- Competence with a reasonable sample of cognitive, behavioural, experiential, interpersonal and psychodynamic systems of psychotherapy.
Students who are interested in specialized training in clinical neuropsychology can apply to the Clinical Neuropsychology stream after being admitted to the Clinical area.
To apply online, please visit How to Apply.
The Graduate Program in Clinical Psychology is accredited by the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA). The date of the last accreditation for CPA was 2016.
- Clinical Public Disclosure Table 2020–2021 (.pdf)
- Psychology Clinical Program Students’ Handbook 2021–2022 (pdf)
Faculty Members in the Clinical Area.
2020 Student Award Winners, Clinical Psychology Graduate Program.
Canadian Psychological Association's Certificate of Academic Excellence:
- Keisha Gobin
- Kimberley Hara
Canadian Psychological Association's Certificate of Teaching Excellence:
- Niki Norouzian
- Rebecca Hudes
Psychotherapy Process Research Award:
- Dana Male
Student Excellence Award:
- Iris Yusupov